Indipendenti contro Omotransfobia, Bullismo e Sessismo
Indie Pride is the Italian network of musicians and music professionals united to contrast homotransphobia, bullying and sexism through music. We fight for diversity and inclusion in the Italian music industry. Indie stands for “independent”, as in “free” and “self-determined”.
give visibility to gender minorities through music and within the music industry
build a strong network of musicians who feel confident to speak up for LGBT rights and know the meaning of inclusion and their responsibility within the music industry;
start a conversation with music professionals in order to create a discrimination-free work environment, as well as the background for more diverse festival line ups & agency rosters;
be part of an international movement for inclusion and diversity, in order to exchange experiences and learn new practices;
gain credibility and trust, in order to be able to engage more with the Italian institutions on a national level.
What I do
Since 2019 I am President of the Association.
- ADMIN & ACCOUNTING: bureaucracy, payments, cash-flow, reporting
- PROJECT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT: planning, scheduling, budgeting, team coordination
- TEAM COMMUNICATION: improving tools and resources to make internal communication smooth and flawless, helping team members develop their skillset
- WEBSITE MANAGER: Design, Development & Content (graphics by Valentina Marcon)
- FUNDRAISING: public grants, affiliates acquisition campaigns
- INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: translation ITA-ENG, networking, partnerships
- RESEARCH: “LANGUAGE AND INCLUSION IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS”
- SURVEY & RESEARCH: “ARE LIVE CLUBS SAFE & INCLUSIVE?”
- WORKSHOP COORDINATION: “THIS IS NOT A FANZINE”
- INDIE PRIDE FESTIVAL 2013-2019
Talks & Panels
- Speaker at LINECHECK’s opening Panel “INCLUDE AND DIVERSIFY – EXCHANGE AND UNITE“, 2019 @Base, Milano (English)